The PADI Search and Recovery Diver Course with GO DIVE BRISBANE
It happens: People accidentally drop things from docks, off boats or even while scuba diving. If you’ve ever lost something in the water and wanted to go find it, then the PADI Search and Recovery Diver Specialty course is for you. There are effective ways to search for objects underwater that increase your chances of success. And there are good and better methods to bring up small, large or just awkward items. Search and recovery can be challenging, but a whole lot of fun.
PADI (Junior) Advanced Open Water Divers who are at least 12 years old can enroll in the Search and Recover Diver course. PADI (Junior) Open Water Divers with a PADI Underwater Navigator certification also qualify.
The Fun Part
The fun part of this course is giving your dive skills a polish you may not have thought possible.
Gathering information and resources, then carefully planning a search are the first important steps you learn.
You may be able to get college credit for the Search and Recovery course – ask your instructor.
Also, the first dive of this PADI Specialty Diver course may credit as an Adventure Dive toward your Advanced Open Water Diver certification – ask your instructor about earning credit.
What You Learn
- Swimming search patterns using your compass and natural navigation.
- Locating large and small objects using various search patterns.
- Using a lift bag for large or heavy objects, plus other recovery methods.
- Planning a search operation based on facts gathered about a lost object prior to the dive.
What is Included
- 4 boat dives
- Course Materials
- Tanks & Weights
What You Need
- Scuba Equipment (can be hired from Go Dive Service Centre)
- Wreck Reel
- Advanced Open Water Certification
- QLD Code Requirements safety Items - Safety Sausage/SMB, Cutting Tool & Whistle
For all your learning materials and equipment, contact Go Dive Service Centre.
Your Next Adventure
Because you often need to navigate to specific spots to find lost items, the Underwater Navigator course can help you perfect your navigation skills.
For more information about this or other PADI courses have a chat with one of the GO DIVE BRISBANE Team members.
- Contact us to take the Search and Recovery course.
- Ask a Scuba Expert
- View the Most Popular PADI Specialty Courses
- Take the Master Scuba Diver Challenge
- Do a scuba medical questionnaire
Price start from $659 and includes:
- Search and Recovery diver manual
- Two boat days aboard DiveQuest
- PADI Search and Recvovery Diver specialty E'card
- Go Dive certificate
- Lifetime of memories
Please contact the shop on 07 3857 1907 or email@example.com to discuss date options with the instructor!